In IAS Service as the MSME Secretary of India, A K Sharma and MSME Ministry took extraordinary initiatives including special funds to its Technology Centers (TCs) to design products useful in fighting the COVID pandemic. This included pumps for sanitizers, masks, eye shields, etc. Steps taken by Ministry of MSME when AK Sharma was Secretary, resulted in mass local production which lowered the cost of COVID related medical items and auxiliaries including hand sanitizers, masks etc. AK Sharma's hands on experience, proficiency in handling ground level situations and robust association with key departments of Government India helped people of Varanasi and entire Purvanchal during the peak of COVID-19 Second Wave. Bureaucrat turned MLC, Arvind Kumar Sharma, rapidly arranged several crucial medical equipment, enhanced testing facilities and distributed numerous medical kits comprises of all COIVD essentials in Public Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs), District Hospitals and other medical facilities of Purvanchal. With the support of CSR, Government of India and State Administration, AK Sharma & KCRC team jointly managed:
- HFNC Ventilators in Varanasi & Azamgarh;
- A 600 LPM Oxygen Plant with PSA Technology in Deen Dayal District Hospital, Varanasi;
- Large number of Oxygen Concentrators for Varanasi-Mau-Azamgarh-Ballia-Jaunpur-Ghazipur-Chandauli-Mirzapur;
- Doubling of Testing capacity by replacing human-driven system of RNA extraction with Automated Machines;
- Several Oximeters to Medical Staff of PHCs & CHCs;
- COVID Essentials Kits to people of community which includes Steam Inhaler Vaporizer;
- Generator/DG Sets for uninterrupted Electricity supply in Hospitals.